Melissa's Maple Apple Pie
Fall is in full swing here in New Jersey: crisp days, beautiful foliage, and tons of apples at our local orchards! Our dear friend Melissa from The Maple Shop in Chester, NJ shared her all-time favorite apple pie recipe — made with (of course!) pure Vermont maple syrup. Head to the orchard and come home to bake this quick, easy, delicious pie with your freshly-picked apples.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa at The Maple Shop in Chester, NJ
- 1 Pie Crust (fresh or frozen)
- 6 Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- ½ c Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1 ½ T Cornstarch
- ½ t Cinnamon
- ¼ t Nutmeg
- 2 T Butter
- 1 c Flour
- ½ c Maple Sugar (or any kind of granulated sugar)
- ½ c Butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl. Pour Maple Syrup over the apples and toss to coat. Sift cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg over the apples and mix well.
- Turn the apples into pie crust and pat down to an even mound.
- Dot with butter. Cover loosely with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 375 degrees. After 10 minutes, remove foil and evenly distribute crumb topping.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until juices bubble out thickly.
Crumb Topping Directions:
- With a fork, mix flour, maple sugar and butter until crumbs form.
- If mixture seems too moist, add more flour.
Give this delicious recipe a try and let us know how it turns out. Thank you, Melissa, for letting us share your amazing recipe!
P.S. Try this recipe with some Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup from The Maple Shop! It has a sweet, sophisticated flavor that will take your apple pie to the next level. Order Now >>