One of my favorite things in the world is a lazy Sunday morning: sleeping in (ok, to be honest, this doesn’t really exist anymore with two babies at home), morning cuddles with the little ones, a steaming mug full of coffee... and pancakes for breakfast! Here is one of my favorite recipes, courtesy of King Arthur Baking Company. I hope you enjoy it!
The Recipe: Simply Perfect Pancakes
Total Time: 45 mins
Yield: 1 dozen large pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (283g) milk*
- 3 tablespoons (43g) melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (184g) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (25g) sugar or 1/4 cup (35g) malted milk powder
- Beat the eggs and milk until light and foamy, about 3 minutes at high speed of a stand or hand mixer. Stir in the butter or vegetable oil.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the salt, baking powder and sweetener.
- Gently and quickly mix into the egg and milk mixture. Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes, while the griddle is heating; it'll thicken slightly.
- Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat, or set an electric griddle to 375°F. Lightly grease frying pan or griddle. The pan or griddle is ready if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.
- Drop 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the lightly greased griddle. Bake on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, about 2 minutes; then turn the pancakes and cook the other side until brown, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Turn over only once. Serve immediately.
Complete your perfect pancake breakfast with these Scrumptious Secrets treats:
- Wild Blueberry Preserve from Blake Hill Specialty Preserve Makers
- Strawberry Rhubarb Preserve from Blake Hill Specialty Preserve Makers
- Maple Cream (aka maple butter) from Mount Mansfield Maple Products
- Pure Vermont Maple Syrup from trees on my family’s property in Vermont!
- Cinnamon and Vanilla Infused Maple Syrup from Runamok Maple
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup from The Maple Shop
ENJOY! Let me know how this recipe works for you and what tasty toppings you added to your pancakes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. SPECIAL OFFER: From now until the end of August, buy any maple syrup or maple cream product from our website, and we'll send you a FREE pancake mix by Hayden Flour Mills. Sleep in a little longer — just add water and butter to this mix, and you'll have delicious, fluffy pancakes in no time! SHOP NOW >>